Requirements / Information:
• Most volunteer positions are flexible and may be done anytime during library hours.
• We ask that you commit to 2-4 hours per week (minimum) and be willing to commit to a schedule so that our staff know when to expect your assistance.
• To volunteer you must be at least 12 years of age. If you are under 18 you will need written parental permission and a parent's signature.
• Applicants age 18 and over must fill out a Background Check Form. After this form is filled out, it must be printed, notarized and delivered to the library (610 Quincy St. Rapid City, SD 57701). Applicants may bring background checks in to the library's Business Office (605-394-4171) at the Downtown Library (610 Quincy St.) to have them notarized for free.
• Applicants may fill out and submit the application online or pick up printed applications at the Circulation and Reference desks within the libraries.
Please Call the Volunteer Coordinator at 394-6139 x.2230 with any questions or concerns that you may have!
(If over 18, you will also need to fill out the Background Check Form)